Limited Warranty information for kiosks and other components.
All the kiosks and goods that Alveni LLC and Alveni, SA de CV delivers, have been carefully designed and manufactured under the most strict quality control policies ensuring that they will properly function during their lifespan.
The standard 1 year Standard Depot Limited Warranty included in all our kiosks and individual components ensures the safety, reliability and service our products are meant to deliver. Limited warranties can be extended for up to 5 years and they start from the original date of purchase. The warranty period for each client/project is clearly indicated in the project’s proposal and in the corresponding invoice(s).
Alveni warrants its products against deficiencies in materials (parts) and workmanship (labor).
- Parts – the warranty period for parts is: one (1) year from the date of original purchase. During the applicable Limited Warranty period for parts, defective parts will be replaced at no charge. The replacement product or part may be new or refurbished to the Alveni standard of quality, and, at Alveni's option, may be another model of like kind and quality. Parts used for the replacement will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period for those parts.
- Labor – the warranty period for labor is: one (1) year from the date of original purchase. During the applicable Limited Warranty period for labor, Alveni will provide the labor for warranty repair at no charge for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase.
The Depot Limited Warranty includes parts and labor necessary to diagnose the faulty component and repair it if possible. The client will pay the shipping fees of the inbound shipment of the faulty component, from client's location to Alveni's service center. This limited warranty covers the outbound shipment of the repaired/replacement component. If the product is found to have no defects, the customer will be responsible for return shipping costs as well. Alveni will use standard UPS/Fedex ground service for all shipments. And specialized LTL freight services for kiosks and other large components/devices. If a faster /different shipment method is requested by the customer, additional charges may apply.
Out of coverage.
- On site visits.
- On site express swap of components with emergency stock units.
- Priority response.
- Installation / re-configuration of any software or disk image when a cpu / hard drive has been repaired or replaced.
- Batteries (internal cpu batteries, UPS batteries & any other battery inside kiosks or electronic components).
- Printer consumables (printhead, cutter and platen rollers), other Consumables.
- Labor to uninstall and reinstall any components.
- Should the product fail to be properly maintained or fail to function properly as a result of misuse, vandalism, abuse, improper installation, neglect.
- Improper shipping and/or handling resulting in damage.
- Damage caused during customer unpacking, and/or removal of packing materials.
- Damage caused by disasters such as fire, flood, and lightning
- Damage due to improper, incorrect or insufficient AC voltage.
- Software issues, interaction with non-Alveni products
- Any unit tampered with, modified, adjusted or repaired by any party other than the Alveni's personnel or Authorized Service Provider.
- service other than by an Alveni certified technician.
- Any cosmetic damages to the surface or exterior that has been defaced or faded, or caused by normal wear and tear or exposure to chemicals, acid rain, large hail or adverse weather conditions.
- Minor cabinet/enclosure blemishes or minor scratches to the exterior of the unit or other cosmetic imperfections that do not affect the device's operation.
- If a claimed defect cannot be identified or reproduced, you will be held responsible for the costs incurred.
- Any packaging or transportation charges incurred in connection with warranty services.
- Indirect, consequential, or special damages except as required by federal or state laws.
To obtain warranty service, tech support or repairs, every customer must create a new support ticket at Alveni's Customer Support Portal https://portal.alveni.com
. For warranty service, you must provide proof of the date of original purchase and serial number of the kiosk and/or component. In order to send a kiosk and/or component to service, the customer must have received a RMA number. We will not accept any component sent to us that has not been issued a RMA number.
For detailed information on How to Request Service
for kiosks and other devices sold by Alveni, click here.
If you require Onsite support, Advanced Express Components Replacement (AECR), Kiosk Monitoring or other services, Alveni offers Extended Warranty & Service through our Annual Uptime Programs to fits your company's needs. For a custom quote, please contact your Alveni sales representative. Alveni Uptime Programs Data Sheet (pdf).
Shipping & freight services.
All shipping & freight services are done by third party specialized companies like UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. Issues like damages, theft or loss of packages related to shipping / freight services are not covered by Alveni's Limited Warranty. The shipping/freight services do not include any additional services like: Life gate, delivery inside location, special appointment, etc. and do not include any type of insurance besides the standard liability coverage provided by the shipping / freight company.
If shipment was offered by Alveni as part of the project, after each delivery, the client has full responsibility to check the package(s), open the boxes if needed and confirm that package(s) were received as expected. If not, the client has 3 days to report any issues with the package(s) received that could have been related to the shipment/freight services. This includes, mishandling of packages, broken boxes, etc. The client must raise a support ticket and send a written report of the issue(s) and photos / video evidence . By doing this, Alveni could help the client to raise a claim with the shipping company looking to address the issue(s) in favor of the client. If additional insurance was paid by the client, this claim will look for corresponding compensation. If no insurance was requested/paid by the client on the shipment, standard liability coverage by the shipping company or no coverage may apply.
Meanwhile, issue(s) must be evaluated by Alveni to define course of action. If damage occurred and repairs/replacement need to be done, Alveni will inform the client a quote for the corresponding services.
If the client does not raise a report ticket within 3 days of receiving the package(s), it will mean that items were received in good condition as expected.
Returns / Refunds.
For more information about Returns / refunds, click here.
For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, call +1 (888) 293-5812 or +1 (512) 777-2623. This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. It does not cover any cosmetic issues that do not interfere with the normal performance of the equipment. Repairs have a 90 day warranty. If the unit/component sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original warranty, depending upon which is longer.
THE WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES CONTAINED HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY ARISING UNDER ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ALVENI BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER RESULTING FROM THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT OR FROM DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Alveni retains the exclusive right to repair or replace (with a new or newly-overhauled replacement product) the kiosk or component or offer a partial / full refund of the purchase price at its sole discretion. SUCH REMEDY SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY.